CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's Hip to be Random...

While watching the fireworks on the last day of the fair: “Don’t you think it would be neat if, when you die, you were cremated and made into a firework? Then you could be shot off at your funeral!” --Scott

After Marck accused me of lying to him and I told him I had just told him half of the truth, Nathan J says, “She’s been telling half the truth twice as long as she says she has.”

Mr. B. (Elizabeth and Michelle’s dad) was reading some news off the internet, including a bit about Starbucks’ profits falling 93%, and NASA had lost contact with Mars. Suddenly Sam exclaimed, “Starbucks is losing money because NASA lost communication with Mars, and Mars is where Starbucks gets all their recipies!”

Robert had taken a black marker and begun to draw a moustache on the woman on the cover of the JCPenny calalogue.
Jessica: “Well, she was pretty before.”
Marck: “And not now?”
Jessica: “Marck…are you attracted to women with facial hair?”
Marck: “Well…Aunt Ruth is my girlfriend.”

Robert’s budding comedian-isms:
Robert: “Ask me how I file my nails.”
Jessica: “Okay, how do you file your nails?”
Robert: “Under ‘N’.”

Just one of those interesting conversations:
Matt: “Yeah, fettuccine does sound good right about now.”
Jessica: “I just made some.”
Matt: “E-mail me some, if you don't mind.”
Jessica: “Well, you’ll have to wait a bit. I’ll have to upload it and convert the format....you know how some noodles don't run well on Vista...”
Matt: “Wait, do you have the same problem with macaroni that I do?”
Jessica: “Yes, macaroni gives me a terribly hard time!”
Joel: “I have a bug…when I email pineapple upside-down cake, they receive it upside-right.”
Matt: “Does it still taste okay?”
Joel: “It tastes like it’s been in the microwave for, like, three hours.”
Jessica: “Hmm…maybe there’s a problem with your server. The worst has to be sushi, though…”
Matt: “I thought sushi was strictly Macintosh. Is there some sort of hack I should have known?”
Jessica: “No, I’ve never been able to upload sushi! That must be my problem. Where did you read that?”
Matt: “My uncle is a chef. He told me.”
Jessica: “Aha…has he ever tried mashed potatoes? I’m afraid to.”
Matt: “Hundreds of times. He says the trick is to not move the bar until the progress bar is 100% completed…”

10 musings:

Lizzie said...

Robert is soooo cute!!

My name is Elizabeth, said...

HAHA! I love the convo between you and Marck at the end. Such geekiness and all around awesomeness ... you guys are wonderful.

Jonathan David Page said...

I'm having trouble with mashed potatoes under Linux. Do you know where I can get the correct drivers?

N said...

I think that sushi is a strictly Mac thing. rotfl!!! That last conversation cracked me up! :D

Jessica said...

Jos...you'll have to ask Matt's uncle...

Jonathan David Page said...

I can't ask Matt's uncle, I don't know either him or Matt.

If sushi runs on Intel-based Macs, shouldn't it be possible to set up a XPGEL (Cross-Platform Gourmet Emulation Layer) for PCs? Or is that against the Apple EULA?

Jessica said...

Je ne comprends pas votre langue! :P

Jonathan David Page said...

Ouch. Sorry. Do you want me to translate, or just leave it be?

N said...

Ha-ha...I vaguely know what you're talking about. It might work with "Parallels" installed on the Mac. :P

But apart from that (especially since this is half realistic and half imaginary) I have no clue! :D LOL

Do you know how to pronounce that, Jessica? Quite frankly it looks impossible to me... Handy, but hard to say!

Jessica said...

I can pronounce it...I think. I haven't studied French in forever and never studied it much anyways. I could take a guess, but I'm not going to put phoenics on here...