CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

On Church

Sorry all the layout change! I accidentally changed this blog instead of my own. Couldn't figure out how to get it back!

Here is a quote to make amends. I like this quote from Jon Acuff of Stuff Christians Like about how he would introduce guests to his church if he pastored one.

"If this is your first time, thanks for coming. Church is kind of weird, isn't? I mean today we're going to sing songs to the person we feel breathed into existence the universe and the sea horse. We're going to learn about the person who we feel is most important but we've never actually seen. We're going to tell you how a book that is thousands of years old can help you have a better day tomorrow in your cubicle at work. And then we're going to cut you off in the parking lot after church cause we're still pretty messed up. It's going to be a little weird today but we hope you'll come back next week. Because even though it's weird, it's also wild and wonderful."

4 musings:

Jessica said...

I remember reading that...haha...

The thing about this layout...I mean, I like it a lot. Maybe we should take votes on whether to change it back or not. What I was going to say about "the thing about this layout" was that it looks...very sophisticated. Most of us...aren't. Another thing is that the "posted by" and the "comments" are on the top of each entry, and look like the person who posted the last entry posted this one, if that makes any sense. But we'll keep it up for a day and see what people think. And perhaps, Elizabeth, you could use your awesome html skills to do something about the comments thing...

N said...

Ha-ha, Stuff Christians Like...that blog is so funny! :D

I think I like the new template...it'll just take some getting used to.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps we should just change it a lot anyways, to reflect our ADD personalities...

Lizzie said...

What? You mean changing it frequently wasn't a part of the original plan? Of course we should demonstrate our ADD personalities. :P I was just thinking that it was about time for a change. Time for a change on my blog too....