CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 6, 2008

Driving skillzz

My little sister and our friend Kara are doing the driving portion of driver's ed this week. We picked them up today (to take David to basketball, and to return Kara to her dad [who is the basketball coach, for those who don't know] and then take Sarah to band). They got out of the driver's ed car and the first thing Kara says to me is....
Kara: Sarah's a better parker than you.
Mrs. SC (the only driver's ed teacher that homeschoolers get. :P ): Yep, we're going to make her a better parker than you.
Me: *is immensely hurt, not only at the cruel comparison of my honed parking skills to that of my newly driving little sister, but also that I didn't merit a "hey" from my friend, whom I hadn't seen for one whole day*

Have I mentioned that I hate parking?

~Lizzie

8 musings:

My name is Elizabeth, said...

Actually!
I had a male driver's ed teacher.
I've heard Mrs. SC is pretty good though.

Jonathan David Page said...

Mrs. SC tells stories about some of the crazy/funny/silly/&c things that previous students have done. Always makes you wonder if you're one of the people who's going to be talked about!! (And for what reasons...)

Jessica said...

I had Mrs. SC for the written part, but I had a guy for the driving part as well. I think Mrs. SC is more in your area, though...

Lizzie said...

Oh, I know what I'm going to be (and probably have been) talked about for...

Yeah, I guess she is. I thought she did all the homsechoolers but I guess she can't go everywhere.

Anonymous said...

Of course, I also drove with a girl from Garner high, so that may have been why. I do wish I had driven with a homeschooler, but I did my driving in the summer time, so I guess that wasn't possible.

The Mattrix said...

Don't feel bad, Lizzie. Kara does that to me all the time.

Lizzie said...

*sniff* And that's supposed to make me feel better? :P By the way... Mrs. SC asked them about our parking skills... since we're their respective older siblings... (which is apparently what brought to mind my bad parking skills) and they determined that you have good parking skills. So I want your secret. I refuse to let Sarah be a better parker than me.

Jessica said...

Lizzie, you're fine at parking! You should see me. I really prefer the slanted parking places you can just swing into, and secondly the really big straight ones.